SMART KIDS BUSINESS FAIR 2018
The Smart Kids Business Fair is a signature entrepreneurship event for children ages 6-19 in Nigeria aimed at spurring young people to innovate, create products and services, build a lean business model and move ahead to make sales, close deals and learn some more at the SKB Fair. The SKB Fair is a platform where businesses are created and launched entirely by children with inspiring blend of innovation, ideas and creativity. In the process of making a business we want children to learn about costs, revenue and profit. They should calculate their break-even point and ensure their business is directed toward making profit and social impact.
The Smart Kids Biz Fair is a marketplace for young entrepreneurs and their schools to showcase the businesses they have built and engage with financial institutions, potential investors, and relevant government agencies like CAC, NIPC, NEPC, NDE, BOI etc to receive free business advice, mentorship and support from experts. The 2018 SKB Fair is in commemoration with the Global Money Week theme: “Money Matter Matters”. Global Money Week (GMW) is a global money awareness celebration that takes place in March every year. It is coordinated by the Child and Youth Finance International (CYFI) Secretariat to raise awareness on Economic Citizenship and directly engage children and youth worldwide on the issue. The Smart Kids Biz Fair will encourage friends, family, community members, and entrepreneurs alike to come out and support the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders. Schools, organizations and parents choosing to partner or invest in these children’s enterprises should expect a return on their investment. The children's business fair is a way we want to give children the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century.
Our mission is to engage and ignite entrepreneurial passion in children through hands on process by providing a safe environment for them to display their businesses, network and meet potential partners and customers, in hopes they make profit or even losses which is part of the learning process.
- March 16th - Global Money Walk
- March 18th - Smart Kids Business Fair
- Exhibition/Entry Fee: N15, 000 per business
- Registration closes by March 1, 2018
- Registration can be done as an individual student business, team of students or school business
- Participants MUST COMPLETE and submit an online form below
- The event will supply two chairs and a 6-foot table. The participants are encouraged to make signs, wear personalized uniforms, offer demonstrations, and use creative marketing
- No more than 3 participants per booth/business idea
- Parents /teachers of younger children may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for the setup, sales and interacting with the customers
- This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience. Any parent/teacher seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition
BUSINESS COMPETITION CATEGORIES
|Most original idea|
|Best Sales Pitch|
|Best Web Page/ Catalog|
|Best Tech based enterprise|
|Best business potential|
|Best business brand|
Jaw dropping prizes per category will be presented to winners at the conclusion of the event.
- Religious organizations with children groups